Crown Asset Management
About Crown Asset Management
According to its website, “Founded in 2004 by Brian K. Williams, Crown Asset Management is a professional receivables management and purchasing firm with extensive experience with distressed consumer receivables. Crown purchases portfolios for its own business and also manages portfolios for other firms in the Accounts Receivable Management (ARM) industry.”
Crown Asset Management outsources its collections to third parties and regularly hires attorneys to file lawsuits on debts they have purchased. They will then attempt to obtain a judgment and pursue post-judgment collection efforts.
Is Crown Asset Management a Scam?
Crown Asset Management is not a Scam. It is a legitimate debt buying and collection company, so it is important to take collection action by them seriously. However, even though it is not a scam company, it is important to ensure that there is evidence and documentation to support the balance Crown Asset Management claims is owed, to ensure that Crown Asset Management owns the account in question, and to ensure Crown Asset Management has followed state and federal law when attempting to collect a debt.
What Should I Do If Crown Asset Management Sues Me?
- It is important to ensure that an answer to the lawsuit is timely filed after you are served with the lawsuit. DO NOT IGNORE A LAWSUIT!
- Ensure Crown Asset Management has proof of the claimed debt amount and ensure the amount is accurate (confirm all payments and offsets have been applied)
- Ensure Crown Asset Management has sufficient evidence to prove ownership of the debt
- Ensure suit was filed within the statute of limitations
- Assert all other possible affirmative defenses
- Review all collection activity by Crown Asset Management to ensure there are no potential counterclaims for violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or Texas Debt Collection Act
- Determine whether to fight the case or pursue a settlement resolution
You may want to seek the advice of a knowledgeable consumer defense attorney to ensure your rights are protected and ensure you do not end up with an adverse outcome that could have been avoided or minimized. Contact us for a free consultation.