Consumer Debt Defense
If you have been sued by a creditor or debt buyer for an alleged unpaid debt, or if you have been the victim of unlawful or abusive debt collection actions, I am here to defend you and take action to protect your legal rights.
Collection efforts and lawsuits can cause consumers to feel anxiety and uncertainty, and I am are here to ensure you are aware of the protections afforded by the law and to provide representation and counsel during any legal proceedings.
- I will defend clients against lawsuits including appearing at scheduled court hearings, attending mediation, and representing you at trial.
- I will conduct discovery to ensure the debt is valid and the amount claimed by the creditor or debt buyer is accurate.
- If the suit is filed by a debt buyer, I will ensure the debt buyer has proof they own the debt.
- I will file lawsuits or counterclaims in the event a client's rights have been violated.
- Negotiation & Settlement
- I will stop collector phone calls and have future communications directed to the law office.
- I will contact creditors or debt collectors and attempt to negotiate a resolution or settlement on a client's behalf.
- Judgment Releases, Lien Releases, and Homestead Partial Lien Releases
- I will contact creditors or judgment holders to negotiate settlements and to secure releases of judgments and liens.
- I will obtain partial releases of liens on protected homestead properties.